Registration now OPEN!
Melanie’s Story of Strength
"You are so much more than your condition!"
1st National LGMD Conference
Click to learn more…
Abby’s Story of Strength
“I know my weakness doesn’t define me…”
- MDA Awards Venture Philanthropy Funding to Rachelle Crosbie to Develop a Novel Membrane-Stabilizing Drug for DMD July 18, 2019MDA has awarded MDA Venture Philanthropy (MVP) funding totaling $389,000 over two years to Rachelle H. Crosbie, PhD, professor and chair of Integrative Biology and Physiology at the University of California, Los Angeles. The award will support the development of a small molecule drug that increases expression of sarcospan, a protein that may help to […]
- Burn Boot Camp Bands Together for MDA July 17, 2019On July 20, there will be burpees, pushups, lunges, and squats. Sweat will bloom on shirts, heartbeats will race, and grins will break out between breaths. This will be business as usual for members of the fitness franchise Burn Boot Camp, but there’s a twist — this time participants will be giving back while getting […]
- Congress Moves Forward on Newborn Screening July 16, 2019Last week, the US House Committee on Energy and Commerce’s Subcommittee on Health considered the Newborn Screening Saves Lives Reauthorization Act (HR 2507), a bill that would reauthorize the national newborn screening program for five years. We are happy to report that the subcommittee unanimously agreed to send the bill to the full committee for […]
- Bennett Foundation Donates $500,000 to Orange, Calif., MDA Summer Camp July 12, 2019July 9 at the Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center in Orange, Calif., home to one of MDA’s nationwide Summer Camp programs, was a very good day. Campers and MDA staffers gathered with members of the Bennett Foundation, who graciously donated $500,000 to the camp in honor of the late Robert (Bob) Bennett, president of MDA […]
- 2109 Clinical & Scientific Conference Highlight: Healthcare Technology Moves Out of the Clinic, Into the Pocket July 11, 2019Computers, laptops, tablets, and smartphones have become ubiquitous features of our daily lives — but not of our healthcare. At least, not yet. But a group of physicians at MDA’s 2019 Clinical & Scientific Conference made a few convincing cases for increased use of personal electronics in healthcare and clinical trials. Dr. James Berry of […]