Our 2018 conference date/location…
Personal Care Stipend Program for 2018!
Now accepting applications! Click to read more…
2017 PCA stipend recipient shares…
Learn more about this program for workers with MD
Remembering Charles Reed
Duchenne, Married Life, Adoption, & A (FULL) Life Worth Living...
- What is the latest in SMA and SBMA Research? January 16, 2018MDA’s research program awards grants to the world’s best scientists investigating promising theories and therapies that may accelerate treatments and cures for families living with muscle-debilitating diseases. In 2017 MDA awarded four of these research grants to individuals dedicated to hopefully one day eradicating spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and spinal-bulbar muscular atrophy (SBMA). Learn more […]
- What is the Latest in FSHD and FA Research? January 15, 2018At MDA we are dedicated to providing grants to scientists who are tirelessly working to find breakthroughs across neuromuscular diseases to accelerate treatments and cures. In 2017 MDA awarded four research grants and one development grant to individuals looking to accelerate treatments and cures for Facioscapulohumeral Muscular Dystrophy (FSHD) and Friedreich’s Ataxia (FA). Five Questions […]
- Dentist Who Sold Star Wars Collectibles with Proceeds Benefiting MDA Shares Special Connection to Patient with DMD January 11, 2018The impact one person can make in the life of another is insurmountable. This is especially true in the case of Dr. Paul Chu and his late brother Pius, who lived with Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD). “Pius loved sports, especially baseball. His dream was always to play sports and he would draw himself playing sports. […]
- What is the Latest in Myotonic Dystrophy (DM) Research? January 10, 2018Throughout 2017 MDA awarded more than $10 million worth of MDA grants to help dedicated researchers and scientists learn more about neuromuscular diseases in the hopes of finding treatments and one day a cure. One of the many diseases we are determined to find treatments for is myotonic dystrophy (DM) and during 2017 we awarded […]
- Former MDA National Ambassador Joe Akmakjian Shares Tips for a Successful Move January 10, 2018When my last roommate moved out, I decided I wanted to live alone. Having experienced what it is like to live in an apartment and a house, I knew I wanted to go back to apartment life. Sure, this lifestyle has its challenges – like possibilities of broken elevators – but it also has its […]