Our 2018 conference date/location…
Personal Care Stipend Program for 2018!
Now accepting applications! Click to read more…
2017 PCA stipend recipient shares…
Learn more about this program for workers with MD
Remembering Charles Reed
Duchenne, Married Life, Adoption, & A (FULL) Life Worth Living...
- Shaw’s, Star Markets and MDA: A Lucky Partnership March 15, 20182018 marks the 24th year that MDA, Shaw’s and Star Market have partnered together to sell MDA Shamrocks. To date, the New England-area grocer has raised more than $4 million selling MDA Shamrocks since the partnership began in 1994. In the process, Shaw’s and Star Market have become staunch supporters for those in their communities […]
- Letter to the Duchenne Community About the Status of the IGNITE DMD Clinical Trial March 15, 2018Solid Biosciences has announced that the first patient to be treated in its phase 1/2 clinical trial to test SGT-001, the company’s experimental gene therapy treatment for DMD, experienced a serious safety issue that was not among what was predicted based on what is known about the therapy — known as a Suspected Unexpected Serious […]
- Meet MDA’s Newest National Ambassador Justin Moy March 11, 2018Justin Moy’s future is brimming with potential. The 17-year-old Concord, Mass., native is currently a senior at Concord-Carlisle High School, where he enjoys science and participating in the school choir. Although he hasn’t yet figured out what college he’s going to attend, he knows what he wants to do once he gets there. “I want […]
- Meet MDA’s Newest National Ambassador Faith Fortenberry March 11, 2018When Don and Leeann Fortenberry of Waco, Texas, learned their daughter Faith had spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) type 2, they were motivated to take action. Although the diagnosis came as a shock, Don and Leeann were determined to give Faith the best life possible while doing everything in their power to raise awareness for those […]
- Tackle Your Hunger — and Help MDA — at Chipotle on March 16 March 8, 2018Burrito devotees, take note: This week, feeding your cravings fuels research and support services for MDA families, too. On March 16, select Chipotle locations around the country will donate 50 percent of the day’s proceeds to MDA. Just visit any Chipotle in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County or San Bernardino in California, or locations […]