Registration closed/Event FULL!
2017 PCA stipend recipient shares…
Learn more about this program for workers with MD
Remembering Charles Reed
Duchenne, Married Life, Adoption, & A (FULL) Life Worth Living...
- A Tragedy Turns Fire Fighter into a Dedicated MDA Summer Camp Counselor July 11, 2018Like many fire fighters, Brian Glenn, Battalion Chief – EMS in the Denton Fire Department, was aware of MDA because of the International Association of Fire Fighter’s long commitment to raising money for treatments and cures for muscular dystrophy and related diseases. Since 1954, fire fighters have been asking their community to “fill the boot” […]
- MDA Releases New Guide for Caregivers July 9, 2018Today, MDA, supported by grants from VieMed Healthcare and SYNERGY HomeCare, has released the MDA Guide for Caregivers, a comprehensive resource to empower individuals living with neuromuscular disease and their caregivers. The guide provides practical advice, recommendations, tips and resources to maximize quality of life, drawing on the expertise of numerous MDA Care Center staff. […]
- Critical Biomarker Development for CMT Receives $1 Million Boost from MDA July 9, 2018The Muscular Dystrophy Association recently awarded an MDA human clinical trial grant for the development of a critical biomarker for Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT) to Mary M. Reilly, professor of clinical neurology and consultant neurologist, UCL Institute of Neurology and National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, London. The investment, totaling $1 million over three years, will […]
- SMA Added to National List of Disorders to Screen for at Birth July 5, 2018After significant collaborative work among many stakeholders in the spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) community, we are pleased to share that the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS), Dr. Alex Azar, has accepted the recommendation to add SMA to the Recommended Uniform Screening Panel (RUSP) for newborns. This is a landmark decision for the SMA […]
- MDA/IAFF Fill the Boot Camp Inspires and Educates Firefighters for the New Fundraising Season July 3, 2018On March 29, fire fighters from departments throughout the northeast gathered at Mohegan Sun Casino in Connecticut for MDA’s annual Fill the Boot Camp event. The goal of the one-day gathering is to provide fire fighters with the training and information needed to have a successful Fill the Boot season and to celebrate the accomplishments […]