Our 2018 conference date/location…
Personal Care Stipend Program for 2018!
Now accepting applications! Click to read more…
2017 PCA stipend recipient shares…
Learn more about this program for workers with MD
Remembering Charles Reed
Duchenne, Married Life, Adoption, & A (FULL) Life Worth Living...
- Amicus Therapeutics Seeks Participants for Observational Pompe Disease Study May 24, 2018Researchers at Amicus Therapeutics are looking for participants with late-onset Pompe disease who are being treated with enzyme replacement therapy (ERT) to participate in an observational study. The study is designed to help researchers evaluate the change in muscle function and respiratory endpoints over approximately nine to 12 months. During that time, participants will have […]
- Trial to Test Firdapse in MG Seeks Participants May 14, 2018Researchers are looking for people with myasthenia gravis (MG) to participate in a phase 3 clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the investigational drug amifampridine phosphate (brand name Firdapse). Effects of the drug will be assessed in individuals with muscle-specific kinase (MuSK) antibody positive MG and in a smaller group with acetylcholine […]
- With ALS, Ryan Farnsworth Leans on Optimism, Creativity and Hope May 11, 2018Ryan Farnsworth, 31, is passionate about spreading a positive message to others going through a tough time. Since receiving an ALS diagnosis in 2015, Ryan has made a conscious effort to maximize every moment of every day. As he has grown weaker, he has become even more determined to make a lasting impact on the […]
- MLB Player Rhys Hoskins Hits One Home for MDA May 9, 2018Since his call-up to the Philadelphia Phillies in August 2017, Rhys Hoskins has taken Major League Baseball by storm. A prolific hitter, Rhys burst onto the scene late last summer with a home run barrage that made national news and shattered rookie records along the way. In just 10 months he has become the face […]
- Trial to Test Drug Targeting Muscle Cramps in CMT Seeks Participants May 9, 2018Researchers are looking for people with Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT) to participate in a phase 2 clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the investigational drug FLX-787-ODT. FLX-787-ODT, under development by Flex Pharma, is taken in tablet form and is designed to reduce muscle cramps in adults with CMT. Trial length is approximately three […]