Our 2018 conference date/location…
Personal Care Stipend Program for 2018!
Now accepting applications! Click to read more…
2017 PCA stipend recipient shares…
Learn more about this program for workers with MD
Remembering Charles Reed
Duchenne, Married Life, Adoption, & A (FULL) Life Worth Living...
- Miss the Recent Caregiver Webinar? Here’s Your Chance to Catch Up November 17, 2017To help kick off National Family Caregivers Month, MDA presented a one-hour caregiver webinar titled “Finding Hope, Changing Roles and Caregiver Responsibilities.” The webinar explored the many ways being a caregiver to a loved one with neuromuscular disease or other physical disability can shape relationships, roles and responsibilities. The webinar was brought to MDA families […]
- Evenings of Discovery and Impact November 16, 2017The Muscular Dystrophy Association launched a new event series this fall, MDA Discovery & Impact Events, to bring greater awareness to and educate families and supporters about the progress being made in the neuromuscular disease space. Industry and health care leaders, as well as families benefitting from research advances, served as guest speakers, highlighting the […]
- Muscular Dystrophy Strikes Close to Home: An IAFF Fire Fighter Fills the Boot for His Wife November 15, 2017It was a dream come true: Five years after Ted Edwards and his wife Jamie moved from Atlanta to the San Francisco Bay area, Ted landed a post in the Berkeley Fire Department and joined Berkeley Local 1227. He had worked as a private ambulance paramedic while making his way through the competitive hiring process, […]
- Trial to Test Drug Targeting Muscle Cramps Seeks Participants November 15, 2017Researchers are looking for people with motor neuron disease (MND), such as ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), to participate in a phase 2 clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the investigational drug FLX-787-ODT. FLX-787-ODT, under development by Flex Pharma, is taken in tablet form and is designed to reduce muscle cramps in adults […]
- Participants Sought for FORTITUDE ALS Trial November 15, 2017Researchers are looking for people with ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis), to participate in FORTITUDE, a phase 2 clinical trial, sponsored by Cytokinetics, to evaluate the safety, tolerability and effectiveness of the investigational drug CK-2127107. CK-2127107 is a fast skeletal muscle troponin activator, designed to increase the ability of muscle to contract by sensitizing it to […]