Our 2018 conference date/location…
Personal Care Stipend Program for 2018!
Now accepting applications! Click to read more…
2017 PCA stipend recipient shares…
Learn more about this program for workers with MD
Remembering Charles Reed
Duchenne, Married Life, Adoption, & A (FULL) Life Worth Living...
- “Strength is More than Muscle”: A Mother Reflects on a Year of Grief and Growth After Son’s DMD Diagnosis February 22, 2018One year ago, if you would have asked me to say the words Duchenne muscular dystrophy, I couldn’t. It was too new, too fresh, too difficult of a reality to process. One year ago I fell to my knees crying and physically shaking with fear, anxiety and anger as I hung up the phone with […]
- MDA Launches First-ever Patient Experience Survey: MDA ONEvoice February 15, 2018This is a time of unprecedented progress in neuromuscular disease research and care, and our mission at MDA to help save and improve the lives of those living with muscular dystrophy, ALS, spinal muscular atrophy and other neuromuscular disorders is more urgent than ever. To fulfill our mission promise, we know it is important to […]
- Go Green with MDA Shamrocks February 15, 2018It’s that time again… It’s MDA Shamrocks season! For 36 years, retail partners nationwide have sold iconic paper shamrocks to help kids and adults living with muscular dystrophy, ALS and related life-threatening diseases live longer and grow stronger. Over the decades, generous supporters have given more than $315 million through MDA Shamrocks; those funds have […]
- Looking for Love? Take 5 Tips from the Dating Coach on Wheels February 14, 2018Amin Lakhani is a 29-year-old man with CMT. After graduating second in his high school class of 700 students, getting two degrees from an Ivy League university and landing his dream job at Microsoft, he thought he had finally made it. But something wasn’t right because he felt completely alone. He hadn’t learned how to […]
- Get Involved with DECA’s MDA Shamrocks Campaign February 8, 2018MDA is proud to partner with DECA for the 2018 MDA Shamrocks campaign! For every shamrock sold, DECA chapters will be helping kids and adults with muscular dystrophy, ALS, and related diseases live longer and grow stronger. Is your DECA chapter interested in getting involved with the MDA Shamrocks campaign? Follow the steps below: Download […]