Registration now OPEN!
Personal Care Stipend Program for 2019!
Accepting applications in November! Click to read more...
Melanie’s Story of Strength
"You are so much more than your condition!"
1st National LGMD Conference
Click to learn more…
Abby’s Story of Strength
“I know my weakness doesn’t define me…”
- Introducing New MDA National Ambassador Tana Zwart, and Checking in With Ambassadors Faith Fortenberry and Justin Moy April 17, 2019Since the early 1950s, not long after the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s formation, America’s young people living with muscular dystrophy and related neuromuscular diseases have stepped forward to share their stories, raise awareness of the need for treatments and cures for rare diseases, and represent MDA’s mission with humanity and grace. More than 40 MDA National […]
- Inaugural MDA Clinical & Scientific Conference Officially Opens April 15 April 16, 2019MDA’s first-ever combined Clinical & Scientific Conference kicked off today at the Hyatt Regency Orlando in Florida. MDA President & CEO Lynn O’Connor Vos and MDA Chairman of the Board Dr. R. Rodney Howell opened the event. “MDA is proud to convene this esteemed group, and we are grateful that you have joined us for […]
- MDA Partners with the Broad Institute on Rare Genomes Project for Limb-Girdle Muscular Dystrophy April 12, 2019The Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is pleased to announce a collaboration with the Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard, which aims to bring genetic diagnoses to more individuals living with limb-girdle muscle weakness. The goal of the LGMD Rare Genomes Project is to bring the most advanced genetic techniques, including whole-genome sequencing and genetic variation […]
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Bridges Clinical and Academic Neuromuscular Research for the First Time at Annual Meeting April 12, 2019With a laser focus on new horizons in neuromuscular research and care, the Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) is combining its clinical and scientific conferences for the first time, establishing a robust, state-of-the-art gathering for both clinicians and investigators from across the nation. Medical and scientific experts in neuromuscular disease from academia, private practice, government, and […]
- Audentes Therapeutics Announces Plans to Develop Gene-Targeted Therapies for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and Myotonic Dystrophy Type 1 April 11, 2019On April 8, Audentes Therapeutics announced that it will expand its gene-targeted therapy platform to include developing experimental drugs for Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and myotonic dystrophy type 1 (DM1). The company has entered into a licensing agreement with Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Ohio and will collaborate with leading researchers in the field, Kevin M. Flanigan, […]